Blessed with abundant wildlife and spectacular landscapes, Zambia offers one of the finest safari experiences in Africa. In addition to sharing a border with the mighty Victoria Falls, there are also 17 other natural waterfalls in the country which gives an indication of how beautiful this country is.
South Luangwa, Kafue and the Lower Zambezi are rated as some of the finest wildlife reserves in the world. In addition to spotting the Big 5, guests can also see the second largest wildebeest migration in Africa which takes place in Liuwa Plains, a mesmerizing sight to behold. Approximately 30% of Zambia is reserved for national parks and game management reserves.
Zambia is recognized as one of the safest countries in the world to visit, a testament to the warm and welcoming people that want our guests to feel like a visit to Zambia is like returning home.
Three of Africa’s largest rivers drain its six months dry/wet cycle (see our seasonal calendar), fertile soils, and unspoilt forests (including the significant portion of the region’s “Miombo” woodland) and plains — the Zambezi, the Kafue and the Luangwa.
Each river provides the ideal ingredients that contribute to Zambia being one of the most significant and most abundant wildlife refuges in Africa. The country also encompasses ten large lakes including Tanganyika, Mweru, and Kariba; and Victoria Falls in Livingstone is, one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a World Heritage site.
Zambia is in the region of Africa that is referred to as “Southern Africa” and is comparatively large – about 750,000 km². The main port of entry is Kenneth Kaunda International Airport in Lusaka, which has several international arrivals, including Emirates, South African Airways, Kenya Airways and Ethiopian Airways. Due to the vast expanse of the country, the principal recommended form of travel within Zambia is by plane. The major airline within Zambia is Proflight, which has scheduled flights across all safari destinations. Including to Mfuwe International Airport which is the main airport for all destinations in the South Luangwa National Park.
- Africa’s second largest wildebeest migration – Liuwa Plains
- Walking safaris in South Luangwa
- Swim in Devils Pool ontop of Victoria Falls
- Bat migration in Kasanka National Park https://www.zambiatourism.com/destinations/national-parks/kasanka-national-park/
- Ultimate Walking Safari https://serendipitysafaris.com.au/experiences/the-ultimate-walking-safari-at-lion-camp-zambia/
- South Luangwa National Park https://www.zambiatourism.com/destinations/national-parks/south-luangwa-national-park/
- Lower Zambezi National Park -opposite the famous Mana Pools National Park, Zimbabwe
- Kafue National park- Zambia’s largest national park https://www.zambiatourism.com/accommodation/kafue/
- Victoria Falls – from Livingstone side, a natural wonder of the world